Sunday 19 August 2007
Well, I am happy to say Mr & Mrs. Columbus's Owners enjoy the diary and as I was told " it will all help Columbus to get over the embarassment of yesterday when the saddler came!"

I decided to copy the further email content sent to me by Mrs. Owner as it sums up the visit of the saddler nicely and gives some insight into what Columbus thought about the whole thing!

"Poor Columbus - he has put on so much weight behind his shoulder that his
saddle is too tight (hence the bouncing at the cantle when he is lunging) .
He tried breathing in, but it was no good - even he had to admit he had been
a bit of a couch potato this year. Anyway thank goodness we still had his
old Falcon saddle, which the saddler says fits him much better, so he can
continue with that one until he loses the weight again in the Autumn
(hopefully!). Anyway I don't think he took it too much to heart - I heard he
saying to Dilly something about 'a bit of weight never did Arnold
Schwarzenegger any harm!! ' - thats males for you!"

Big Boy might need to have his diet re-thought and the training should also help put him back into a good shape.

0 comments:

PREFACE

Hi, my name is Columbus and up until July 2007 I didn't really have to do much. I know I am a rare breed i.e. I am special and so everybody should treat me like a king. I mean, I spend all days with two nice Connemara ladies; we chat, eat and enjoy life! What more could one want!
I am an easy going chap but if I don't understand something I can get stroppy and will let you know I am not quite happy, that is for sure.
I have great owners but Lady Owner (who also owns this nice grey mare -Rosie- I share my field with) decided she wanted some lessons and so I somehow got involved.
I was not overly happy with my first training session but then my Owners got a little more involved. I started getting more attention and I figured that this whole training might not be too bad...Then I heard Wiola saying I have 'presence' and 'could be great with a bit of training' so I thought I would participate in this circus...for now!

Wiola decided to keep this diary to record my progress. Well, I won't be arguing...