Monday 27 August 2007
If Columbus could speak he would probably tell me that sauna is not his idea of fun. Poor guy looked like he stepped from one after our 30 minutes lunge session. I was pleased with the first 15 minutes of work he produced but the other half was rather average. The heat must have been really getting to him as he could not show much of a spark in trot. His early work was good though and his walk must be one of the best I have ever seen! He overtracks beautifully and the amount of ground he covers takes your breath away.
In the ridden session he was still a bit of a brute but he definitely listens more and he managed a few halts without pulling my arms out of sockets.
I am looking forward to Columbus muscling up and loosing a bit of weight as that is when the true work will be able to start.

0 comments:

PREFACE

Hi, my name is Columbus and up until July 2007 I didn't really have to do much. I know I am a rare breed i.e. I am special and so everybody should treat me like a king. I mean, I spend all days with two nice Connemara ladies; we chat, eat and enjoy life! What more could one want!
I am an easy going chap but if I don't understand something I can get stroppy and will let you know I am not quite happy, that is for sure.
I have great owners but Lady Owner (who also owns this nice grey mare -Rosie- I share my field with) decided she wanted some lessons and so I somehow got involved.
I was not overly happy with my first training session but then my Owners got a little more involved. I started getting more attention and I figured that this whole training might not be too bad...Then I heard Wiola saying I have 'presence' and 'could be great with a bit of training' so I thought I would participate in this circus...for now!

Wiola decided to keep this diary to record my progress. Well, I won't be arguing...